Thursday, December 18, 2014

Faux Fur Vest

Seeing so many of the faux fur vests on line this year I knew I needed one-- or a second one-- I made the first last year using fabric from a project that didn't go as planned.
I used Simplicity 1499 and made some changes. I omitted the collar, separating zipper and lining. I went to one of the local stores to look at faux vests before starting mine and was disappointed by what I saw. There was only one there and it was lined. Eventhough the lining had been understitched it stillpulled to  the front. As I told my DH I wouldn't have let that come out of my sewing room. The price on that vest was $70. Instead of the lining on this one I used strips of a gray interlock knit to make bindings. I turned the binding to the inside and stitched by machine. It looks fine from the outside but I may pick out that stitching and hand stitch. The inside would look much better.

2 comments:

nonie everythingsewing said...

Very classy fur vest on a very classy lady.
Nonie

Bunny said...

Looks great, Judy and the proportions are perfect for your petiteness.