Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saturday Sewing

These pants are made using McCalls 6571. The fabric is a jersey. The pattern calls for stitching the elastic to the top edge of the pant's waist and the turning to the inside like a casing. Instead of doing it the way the pattern states I shortened the pants from the top at the waist and topstitched 1 1-2 inch wide elastic at the waist edge. When I get the pants made except for the elastic at the waist and hems I try them on and check to see if the waist is going to sit where I want it which is just below my belly button. If it isn't at the right place I take them off and trim some more off the waist and then sew the elastic on.

5 comments:

Bunny said...

These look great, Judy. I bet they are very flattering, too. Hope we get to see them on.

Judy said...

Thank you, Bunny. Thus pattern and the jersey fabric are super comfortable.

nonie everythingsewing said...

Those are so nice and comfortable looking.

Angela Lee said...

Love these Judy! Would love to see them on too!

Judy said...

Thank you Nonie and Angela for the sweet comments.