Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Simplicity 1606




I had bought some of this fabric off the $ table at Walmart to make an infinity scarf in the winter. It washed well and had a nice drape so I went back and got 3 more yards. When I bought this pattern I knew this fabric would be perfect for it.

This is one of the Amazing Fit patterns and has the different pattern pieces for the different bra cup size. The bodice is lined but does not call for the skirt to be lined. I decided to line the skirt as well.

I don't know about of you but with the Big Three patterns I find I have to cut 2 sizes larger than I wear in RTW. I currently wear a 6 or 8 just depending on the garment. I cut a size 12 because I knew I could take it up but couldn't add more fabric.I ended up having to take it up under the arms by about 1 1/2 inches tapering to the waist seam.
The pattern also calls for a 14 inch zipper with the zipper inserted stopping about 4-6 inches from the neck. I used an 18 inch incisible zipper and extended it to the neck and did a button and loop at the very edge.


I shortened the dress by about 2 inches.




1 comment:

Nakisha said...

It's perfect! Love the shape and the fabric!