Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Palazzo Pants

I decided yesterday morning that I was behind and needed to make myself some palazzo pants  so off to the fabric store I went-- of course after first perusing Pinterest.

I had McCalls 6571 and have used it for the top but not for the pants. It is a one piece pant. I used view c which has a wider leg and a dart where each side seam would be.This gives some fitting at the elastic waist without all the fullness.  

I found this black and white jersey knit and it draped well and I decided to go with it.
Once I had the elastic on I ended up removing about 2 inches from the upper edge of the waist. I like them to come just below the belly button. I used a 2 inch black elastic  that is topstitched. I am short so I ended up shortening these about 2 1/2 -3 inches.

I like the fit and will make another pair of these in black.


 

1 comment:

Bunny said...

These look great, Judy!