Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Denim Capris and Wrap Top



The capri pants are Butterick 5614 and the fabric is a light weight denim from Hobby Lobby. I had wanted a pair of capris from a light weight denim last year and never found any so I decided to make them. This pattern is a Fast and Easy pattern it makes up quickly with this view having 2 front darts and 2 back darts with a side zip. I used an invisible zipper since I wanted it lay flat at the side seam.

The blouse is Vogue 8833 made from a recycled cotton sheet from Goodwill. It is the softest fabric. I had a little problem with the facing and collar but feel like it was my mistake though I still haven't figured out what I did wrong. There are several reviews for this pattern on Pattern Review and no one else mentioned the problem. The pattern has you sew the front facing to the fronts up to the circle. You then clip to the circle and turn the facing to the wrong side and press. Then you sew the shoulder seams. where this has been clipped and turned leaves the seam allowance for the collar. On both ends the collar lacked about 1/2 inch coming to the end of the seam allowance. I removed the collar and unpicked the shoulder seams releasing the facing. I then sewed the collar on and enclosing it in the seam. It looked much better and I think it is a better way to attach the collar and sew the facing.

1 comment:

Nakisha said...

Cute outfit! Love both pieces and that you were able to get such a cute top from a sheet :)