Saturday, February 15, 2014

Heirloom Sewing



I kept thinking that I wanted to make something heirloom.. You know with lace and entredeux. Let me first say that I have very little experience with this type sewing and am totally self taught. I really would love to get good at it and how else could I do that unless I practice. I am still in the slow recovery process after having surgery to fuse my left thumb in November so my bullion roses and hand embroidery are not as good as they could have been.This sweet little pattern is The Old Fashioned Baby Sweet and Simple Daygown pattern. The fabric is Imperial Batiste and the lace is from www.Cottonlace.com I believe.






4 comments:

Judi Pinkham said...

Wow...you certainly taught yourself very well!!! That little dress is dainty and sweet!!!!

Asiverson said...

So Beautiful!

Karen said...

This daygown is just beautiful! I love the embroidery and the gorgeous lace. I hope your thumb/hand is feeling better!

Judy said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comments!