Thursday, December 12, 2013

I had wanted a tunic in this style but didn't have a pattern so I decided to redraft a pattern that I had. I used McCalls 6571 which is a top pattern as the jumping off place.I determined the length from another tunic and used a shift dress to determine the width. I didn't make a paper pattern i just drew the line for the hem extending to the width I had decided on onto the fabric using a gel pen. Then I used the yardstick and drew a line from the armhole to the hemline.

The fabric is a knit interlock that was in my stash.

1 comment:

nonie everythingsewing said...

You did a wonderful job of redrafting the pattern. Very nice, love knits.
nonie