Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Faux "Fried" Potatoes

One of my very most favorite foods are fried potatoes. They are , however, not Weight Watchers friendly. I count these at 3 points plus per 1/2 cup serving.These are quite a good sub for thm. If you make them please post a comment and let me know how you like them.


Preheat oven to 375.
Peel and slice however many potatoes you want.
Wash and pat as dry as you can.
Place in a microwave safe bowl ( I always use plastic so not sure about glass).
Cover with plastic wrap.
I microwave on high for 5 minutes. Check at the end of 5 minutes to see if they are fork tender.Be very careful when you remove the plastic because of the steam.
Drizzle with just a little olive oil or vegetable oil.Salt and Pepper and toss.For enough potatoes for 2 servings I wouldn't use more than a teaspoon of oil.
Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
Spread the potatoes in a single layer and spray well with cooking spray.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until desired "brownness".


You can also cube the potatoes in about 1/2-3/4 inch cubes and use roasted potato seasoning from the grocery store to make roasted potatoes cooking this same way.

3 comments:

nonie everythingsewing said...

Those look so good. I haven't tried them yet but I will. You drizzle them with oil, I was wondering if you have tried coconut oil?

Nonie

Judy said...

Nonie, I haven't cooked with coconut oil at all but I am sure it would work. You only need about 1/2-1 teaspoon of oil. You can add some chopped onion if you prefer that too.
I used to make handmade soap and coconut oil was one of my ingredients.

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.