Tuesday, September 24, 2013

New Look 6232

another item for the Mini Wardrobe contest. This is the third time I have used this pattern and now consider it to be TNT. The fabric is chambray. I did a narrow shoulder adjustment on this pattern but it was a different process than normal since there is a yoke and the shoulder falls within the yoke. I wasn't sure how to go about it but what I did seemed to work well.

I split the yoke at the point marked on the yoke pattern for the shoulder. I then lightly taped the yoke piece to the front and back. I marked my line form the shoulder point to just below the armhole. I then marked a second line perpendicular to it from just under the armhole to meet the other line. I split the pattern piece to that point leaving about 1/4 inch uncut. I overlapped at the shoulder point by 1/4 inch removing a total of 1/2 inch. I taped this and then removed the tape where the yoke pattern is taped to the front and the back. the yoke pattern looks a little funny but the finished shirt fit well.




No comments: