Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Look 6232

I made this shirt as a wearable muslin. I have always liked the fit of New Look patterns and this pattern didn't let me down.


The only adjustment that I made was a narrow shoulder adjustment. The sleeves are a little long so the next time I will probably shorten the sleeves a little. The pockets also need to be moved closer to the center front. I removed the right pocket and will probably remove the left pocket and move it over.
The fabric is an 1/8 inch gingham blend that I found at Goodwill several months ago.

 
 
This is  a unisex pattern and the misses version has back darts to give more "fit" to the pattern.

I like the sleeve placket. To me it gives a more RTW look to the shirt.
 



1 comment:

nonie everythingsewing said...

I really like this shirt. You do a beautiful job of sewing your wardrobe.
Nonie