Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Look what I made last week,,,,,,,

I seem to have lost my sewing mojo. For several years I sewn a lot but for the past few months it has slowed way down. I guess maybe I felt like what I was doing wasn't as appreciated as I would have liked. So  I lost steam and now I am trying to find my way back to the hobby I love.

However, last week I did do a little sewing. This aline is a muslin for Abby. I am working on a smocked insert and wanted to be sure the aline would fit that it is going in. Too much work not to fit. This is the Martha pullen Aline pattern in a size 1.


Emma Kate's Easter dress, a  Hannah's sunderess, is cut out and waiting. Bella's dress is a bishop and is pleated and waiting for smocking later. I made Dylan a button down shirt with fabric from my stash that think will coordinate well with their dresses. This is a blue and yellow plaid and the pattern is Kwik Sew 2973. I would have liked to make it long sleeve but I didn't have enough fabric.

1 comment:

Rettabug said...

The grandkidslets are going to look so precious in these pale blue colors for Easter, Judy! You do such nice work!
I can't wait to see your smocking completed. I need to start some handwork to have in my lap at night. I hate to *waste* those hours, not stitching anything.

Hugs,
Rett