Monday, October 17, 2011

Nothing says fall quite like corduroy jackets. I have been making corduroy hooded jackets for the grands since Tripp was born eight years ago. they are always made with the fine wale corduroy for softness and lines with an assortment of linings- usually what would appeal to that particular child at that time.

Here are this years jackets. Their moms purchased the fabrics this year.


Dylan's jacket with the Alabama fabric lining. I knew for sure the jacket was a hit when Dylan said,"I'm going to wear it evva day."




Wyatt's with the Mickey Mouse fabric he selected for the lining.






Madison's jacket



Abby's jacket

3 comments:

CJ said...

I think you did a wonderful job on the jackets. :)

Aunt Honey said...

Precious. What pattern did you use?

Judy said...

Thanks!
Aunt Honey the pattern for all except the pink jacket is Simplicity 5378 which comes in sizes 2-6x. For the pink one it is Simplicity 9275 which comes in sizes xxs-L. I used the large which would be the same as 18 months. I think both patterns are out of print but if you could get them they are worth having. I have been using both for about 7-8 years. They are unlined but adding a lining is easy enough.