Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Up-cycled Kitchen


After seeing so many cute little kitchens online made from various things and having grands that would like one it was a given that I should make one.

I found a rolling tv stand at Goodwill that looked to be just right.


A quick coat of blue spray paint.


A trip to Walmart for a few additional supplies. two wooden oval disks and a wooden "j" in the craft section. A plastic bowl from the kitchen and knobs saved from when I redid my kitchen cabinets last year.

The wooden disks were painted black to be used for stove eyes. Two knobs were screwed to the front to "turn on and off "the stove eyes.  The "j" and 2 knobs were painted gold. I would have used silver but was trying to use as much stuff that I had on hand as I could. The "j" was screwed on upside down for the faucett with 2 matching knobs.
A skirt was made for the front using some black checked fabric from the table cloth that was used on the grooms table at my daughter's wedding reception. It was attached using a small curtain rod to the inside.

I put a cuphook on the side to hold a matching towel. You know you just have to have a towel for a kitchen.


I knew it was realistic for a 3 year old when Wyatt said he needed water and turned the knobs for the faucet on the sink.




I think it was a success and many thanks for all the inspiration found on line for this project.



Linked to Todays Creative Blog...www.todayscreativeblog.net


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is just awesome!! Where do you think of these things... This is from Marilyn.. Seems I can't post comments .. Not sure why..

Rettabug said...

What a cool idea for your grandkidlets to have to play with, Judy! You guys did a fantastic job with it. Now you'll have to make some faux food to use with it. ~~big smile~~

Judy said...

Thanks
Rett, Wyatt has really enjoyed this while here this week. I may have to make some of the play food.
Marilyn,I saw a kitchen made from a nightstand on Pinterest and then after a little searching online found some amazing ones for inspiration.

Grandsie's Sew Busy said...

just the BEST, Judy!!!