Monday, April 11, 2011

What's for supper


Lasagne... that's what was for supper today.  It was pretty tasty too. A friend gave me the recipe years ago and I have made it ever since. It is pretty easy too and my husband says he likes it better than Olive Garden. I think he jsut likes that he gets to eat it at home.

Lasagne
1 1/2 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 1/2 cup water
1 package dry spaghetti sauce mix
1 large or 2 small cans of tomato paste
1 small container of cottage cheese
lasagne noodles , boiled til tender
mozerella cheese

Brown ground beef and drain. Add water, spaghetti sauce mix, cottage cheese  and tomato paste. simmer for 10-15 minutes on low to med heat.  Cook lasagne noodles til tender and drain. Place a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. then a layer of noodles. Add another layer of sauce. top with mozerella cheese. Bake at 375 degrees til bubbly and the cheese is melted and slightly browned.

Since it is usually just my husband and I these days I usually divide between 2 --9 x 9 dishes. We will eat one now and freeze the other for later. This is a dish that freezes well. When ready to use thaw and bake as above.









No comments: