Monday, April 4, 2011

Easter dresses

I am so ahead of the game this year it is hard to believe. I have all 3 easter dresses completed. Much different than the way it was when my girls were growing up. They used to tease me in the fabric store when I would go in on Monday before Easter and pick out the fabric for not one but 3 dresses. Now the dresses weren't smocked which takes considerably more time.

The first dress is Abby's. It is pale blue batiste using the Ellen Mccarn bishop pattern. The smocking is taken from the smocking design included in the pattern. The sleeves are smocked and has ribbon in the sleeves. Take my word for it she looked like an angel in it. It is definitely her color.


Next, is Madison's Easter dress. It is pale yellow broadcloth and is also made using the Ellen Mccarn pattern.  The sleeves are also smocked and has lace threaded through the smocking.



And, last but not least, is Emma Kate's Easter dress. I drafted the pattern for this dress myself based on one I saw in an heirloom store several years ago. It is not exactly like that dress but it did have a grid of pintucks on the bodice. At each point where the pintucks cross I have sewn a tiny pearl. The sash is an ivory colored ribbon. This peach color is perfect for her since she has dark hair and dark eyes.







Thanks for stopping by,
judy

1 comment:

EliteDresses said...

Nice and so wonderful dress...