Sunday, February 20, 2011

More upcycling

I look at the sheets and pillowcases when I go in Goodwill these days. I usually think I might use the pillowcases to make pillowcase dresses -- and I have found some good ones to use for that too. I have gotten a few sheets to use to line aline dresses with or I sometimes think I may use them for a quilt backing.. not that I am making that many quilts.. maybe one baby quilt in the last year.

One day recently I found a dark red Ralph Lauren sheet. I intended to use it for linings-- and I did and then I used it for a dress and for a skort. It had been washed enough times to be nice and soft but not worn at all. So far none of the sheets I have bought there have been worn. In the beginning I have to admit I felt a little funny about buying someone elses sheets to use but then I thought , heck, I don't mind sleeping on sheets that someone else has slept on in a hotel so why not?

So without further adieu.. The dress is the Lillian pattern from Children's Corner for Madison and the skort is Sara's Skort also by Children's Corner. I also used the sheet to line the little crossback outfit for Abby. So all in all I think I got a lot of mileage from the sheet from Goodwill for $1.99.




I linked to Todays Creative Blog
 Craft Link parties


No comments: