Monday, February 14, 2011

Little Cupcake for Nana's Little Cupcake


I enjoyed making the overalls so much that I wanted to make something else for Abby. After browsing Goodwill I found these little jeans. I wasn't quite sure what I would do to them when I found them but knew i would figure it out

Well the other day I was in Joann fabrics and saw this cupcake fabric. I knew instantly what I would do.

I cut the pants off and cut a ruffle 5 inches to add to the bottom of the legs. This results in a 2 inch doubled ruffle with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. I added the pink rick -rack and pink with brown polka dot ribbon for the legs. the t shirt I also made using one of the cupcake squares satin stitched to the front. The finishing touch is the machine embroidery wording.






Craft Link parties

3 comments:

Lindley said...

She'll be a cutie!

The sewing room said...

Loveing your outfit,all it takes is a little imagination and you have a master piece so clever.



Hugs Pat

ShirleyC said...

Cute, cute! Following you from ES.


www.prayersformymom.blogspot.com