Saturday, January 29, 2011

Upcycled overalls- from not so cute to cute

Guess what I found at Goodwill--- a pair of overalls for Abby. At our local Goodwill everything to  a size 2 is 99 cents. So it is really a bargain if I find something suitable. So anyway on my recent trip to visit I took them to Abby.  My daughter asked if they would look too much like a boy on her and I told not when I was finished.

You'll have to let me know if I succeded in "girling" them up.

First, I removed the pocket from the bib area of the overalls.

Next, I cut about 2 1/2 inches off the legs.

Then, I used the piece that I cut off to cut the folded ruffle by and added 1/2 inch for a seam.

Then , I cut a piece to cover the bib area. This was a little tricky and I mostly just laid it on top of the bib   area and pressed under the edges to make it match and then trimmed away the excess.

After stitching the ruffle on and stitching the piece on the bib I sewed rickrack on the ruffle on the legs and the upper and lower edge of the bib.


We were pretty pleased with how they turned out. If I had been at home where my embroidery machine was I would have added a monogram to the bib and maybe some embroideries to the legs.

I think she likes them too. Just look at that chubby little doll baby.

thanks for looking,
Judy
Today's Creative Blog

4 comments:

The sewing room said...

Great idea and what a cutie she looks,good job.


Have a great weekend hugs Pat

Lindley said...

She looks cute in them!!

Judy said...

Thanks... I agree she is cute in them ,,, but then she would be cute in a burlap bag.. does that sound biased?

Lei said...

AbsoLUTEly darling.