Sunday, December 5, 2010

OOhh So Soft Minky

I looovee minky. It is so cuddly soft I think I want to wear it too. Probably not age appropriate though. darn...

I actually bought this minky on  a trip to Joanns a couple of months ago with the intention to make dresses for Emma Kate and Madison for Christmas. But when I got ready to make them I decided that was just not what I wanted to make. So I opted instead to make pants with a monogrammed t shirt in stead.  They will probably get more use out of the pants and shirts. Probably better for school in the winter.



2 comments:

Rettabug said...

How CUTE!! I bet these feel SEW good on...I think I need a pair for ME! LOL

To answer your question re: flour...
I use bleached all-purpose flour for all my cookies/pie crusts/pancakes-waffles unless a recipe says otherwise. It has less protein & thus they will be lighter & fluffier.

Be sure to spoon the flour into the measuring cup & sweep across the top to level. If you scoop with the measuring cup, you'll pack the flour & end up with more than intended & the item will turn out dry.

Judy said...

Rett, thanks so much for such a quick respoonse to my question. i love this type of cookie and this recipe seems so easy.

I would love sleep pants made from minky too-- so cuddly and soft.