Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Coming home outfits.....

I'll continue on with th ebaby clothes. I made 2 different outfits for Lindley and Wes to choose from to bring the baby home from  the hospital.

I used the same pattern for both gowns but made enough changes to the pattern that they really look nothing alike.

The pattern I used is Grace Knott's Baby nightie pattern. I have used this pattern over and over because it is the perfect size for a newborn.
The fabric is ballet pink imperial batiste with smocking at the yoke and sleeves. The bonnet is from the Children's Corner book.
Photobucket


Photobucket

The next choice is still the Grace Knott Baby Nightie pattern only this time open in the front.  It has a madeira hem with hand embroidery and bullion roses. There is a bullion rose at the tip of each point on the madeira hem. I used gathered french lace at the neck bias and around the sleeves.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: