Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Quilt

I always make a baby quilt for each grandchild. I want each quilt to be different and to be more than just a quick quilt. well, with this baby being #6,  I am beginning to run out of ideas.  Recently my friend Carol made a small quilt that I really fell in love with. Her quilt was the inspiration for this quilt. Please go visit Carol's blog--www.mamacjt.blogspot.com to see all her wonderful creations.

I went to the local quilt store--BTW I couldn't be happier that we have recently had a quilt store open in our small town. See, there has been really not much of anywhere to purchase fabric except for Walmart and another place that is really to junky to shop very well.

I am not artistic so I didn't think I would be able to draw the flowers and I bought a floral fabric and just fussy cut the flowers out after fusing fusible web to the back. I used 2 different size rick rack for the stems.

This was my first attempt at quilting but I really enjoyed it.








8 comments:

Jan said...

I would say Baby #6 is very fortunate. It is a perfectly sweet baby quilt and keepsake!

Lindley said...

very cute!

Karen said...

Jan is right! Baby #6 is indeed very lucky! This is a beautiful, bright, colorful, and happy little quilt that is sure to make Baby #6 very happy for a long time.

Rettabug said...

This turned out GREAT, Judy & I am SEW impressed with your free motion quilting on it!!

I ♥ your new haircut/photo....very stylish!!

Moogie said...

WOW!!!! Great job. I'm your newest follower.

Judy said...

thanks for the sweet comments. can't wait to see the baby girl lying on this quilt.

Moogie thanks for following.

Karen said...

Judy, I love it! So pretty! Great job on the quilting too. I will have to try it sometime.

Karen said...

Judy, I love the baby quilt! It's so pretty and great job on the quilting. I will have to try it sometime.