Monday, July 5, 2010

girly sweetness

Earlier this year I had a desire to do some hand embroidery so I cut out this little daygown. Later we found out there is a baby girl expected in November so she will be the recipient of this gown.

The fabric is batiste and the pattern is from Old Fashioned Baby. I made the dress earlier but only made the slip this weekend.  I guess I am a little old fashioned but it always seems to me that a dress looks better with a  slip under it and this dress was no exception. The slip made a world of difference.


The embroidery is bullion roses with lazy daisy leaves.  The collar edges,hem and sleeve cuffs as well as all edges on the slip have a scallop edge. I used the built in stitch on my sewing machine.







1 comment:

Lindley said...

Pretty!! She will be a cutie in that!