Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthdays



June is a busy month for us with birthdays. Three out of five grandchildren have June birthdays. Emma Kate and Madison have already had their birthdays. Wyatt's is later in the month but we made a trip to visit him this weekend and carried his cake and gifts.

 I made cakes for Madison and Wyatt while Amanda requested cupcakes for Emma Kate. So I thought I would share Wyatt's cake and Emma Kate's  cupcakes.

 The only pictures I got of Madison's cake is on my phone. I am electronically challenged and don't have any idea how to get the pictures out of my phone. Maybe someone will help me with that  soon.
Ok, I think I figured it out. I may never be able to do it again but I got one picture out. whewww!!
I am not a cake decorator by any means but I do enjoy doing it for the kids. I can' t make flowers and have never used fondant but  I can' usually find something to add to the cake.


I actually made 4 dozen cupcakes colored in 4 different colors but my dtr used these to make in the shape of a bunch of  balloons. I used the large star shaped Wilton tip to  frost these.



Wyatt really likes Mickey Mouse so I found this plate at Walmart to put on top of the cake. the ribbon is just curly ribbon. This is made using the 6 inch pan.
 I think he liked it.


Angela wanted a luau themed cake for Madison.  I found the little figurines and flower lei at Dollar Tree. I tinted some sugar with a little brown color and sprinkled on the tan colored frosting to make it look like a beach.  Madison liked her cake as well.

I enjoyed making these cakes but I am glad there arent' any birthdays for a while too I think I amy have gained 5 lbs "tasting" the icing.

Later, Judy
                                            

4 comments:

marybee said...

the cakes/cupcakes look great!! i'm sure they loved them! i can't believe you drove the cake all the way to TX! what a good nana!

The sewing room said...

Lovely cakes and lucky grandchildren, well done.

Hugs Pat

Judy said...

Thanks mary and Pat. I do enjoy doing these for the kids. wouldn't want to do it all the time though.

Rettabug said...

Well done, Judy!! These are all brilliant ideas & I'm sure the kidlets were thrilled. :D