Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring

Some signs of Spring- which by the way is my favorite  time of the year...........

One lone tulip-- the only one I have. It is a memory though. My oldest daughter bought it for her sisters birthday when they were in college and sharing an apartment. They brought it home and I planted it in the front flower bed. Every year when it has just this one bloom it is a reminder of  sisterly love between daughters.





Yellow irises are usually among the first things to bloom in my yard.



And the wisteria



and the snow ball bush-- it was rooted from the snowball bush that was in my grandmothers yard.  My grandmother passed away 30 years ago but i have many memories of the snow ball bush that once bloomed in her yard




You can  see the azaleas blooming on the left looking through the archway.


judy

4 comments:

Ellie Inspired said...

Oh, that is so beautiful! I think I could spend an afternoon in your backyard with a good book very easily!

Judy said...

Laura, i would love to have you come sit in my back yard and visit. it is a peaceful place.

marybee said...

your yard looks great! love the tulip story! there is a snowball bush mentioned in one of my favorite books- i've always wondered what one looks like! : )

Rettabug said...

Oh Judy....this is looking soooo pretty! I love your new header & your outdoors area looks so inviting. GOOD JOB, GIRL!!!