Thursday, March 25, 2010

Easter Dress For Madison

When my girls were young and I made their Easter dresses I would always procrastinate till the week of Easter to even shop for the fabrics.  Since they have grown up and I sew for the grands I seem to plan my time better and get the outfits made earlier. Well, this year I let the time get away from me and I am still in the finishing up process.

I do have Madison and Emma Kate's dresses completed but I only have pictures of Madison's ready for a post.

The fabric is ming blue imperial broadcloth. The smocking plate is from an old Creative Needle Magazine.











I have to say the color of this dress reminds me of an Easter Egg.


Thanks for stopping by,
Judy

2 comments:

Ellie Inspired said...

Such a beautiful dress, Judy!! Your smocking looks wonderful. Look at all those pretty bullions!
Laura

Karen said...

Simply beautiful! I love that smocking plate!