Wednesday, November 11, 2009

For myself

Well, I decided it was time to sew a few things for myself. That is something I just don't do very often. It is just not nearly as much fun as it is to sew for the kids.

The first is a top I made. The pattern is from one of the big three pattern companies. I had used the pattern before for another view and knew that I liked the fit fo that one. The fabric is a gray knit that was in my fabric stash.



The next is a New Look pattern. The darts make the blouse fitted. I wore ti towork the other day and it wears really well. The fabric is a cotton blend.




I am sure anyone who has read this blog can tell I love to sew. I started sewing when I was probably around 12 years old. Quite honestly I think th ething I enjoy most about sewing is taking the chunk of flat fabric and seeing a garment form from it. I enjoy changing the pattern to make something different from what the intended pattern is. I guess the challenge is what I like.

till later.
Judy

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Judy I love the blouses!

Piper said...

I love these! I love that you made some things for yourself! That blouse is wonderful! I could use a couple of those in my closet! Great job!