I have finally gotten a little sewing done this week. Actually, I made the pants to the batik outfit a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't decide how to make the top to go with them -- but I finally decided on a plan. The pants are Simplicity 5378 shortened with a ruffle about 5 inches long added. The top is the pillowcase dress pattern shortened to tunic length and a 5 inch ruffle added to mimic the pants. i added a buttonhole to the casing in the back for it to tie in the back. It can be
turned around- since the pillowcase pattern doesn't have a front or back and tie in the front. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out for a sort of boutique-y look. I think it will be pretty cute with a turtleneck under it this fall.
The next is a dress I made for Madison this week. I used Simplicity pattern 3743 which is a top pattern. I then lengthened it for dress length, added a pleated
ruffle to the bottom and a casing at the bodice area for elastic. The elastic just seems to give the dress/top more shape. I found a pair of olive tights on clearance at Walmart for a $1 that was the inspiration for this dress.
One more thing to share. Last weekend Emma Kate helped me make cupcakes for a youth get together at church. I didn't realize she liked cake icing so well but here she is licking the spoon.
The cupcakes are decorated using Wilton tip 2D-- which is the dropped flower tip and you
just go in a circle. They look like you really slaved but really they are very easy. Someone shared a video how to on You Tube doing this-- so I can't really take credit for figuring out using the tip in this manner.
For supper we had a country supper-- fried okra, white beans, homemade biscuits and potato salad. Yummo, it was good. Next week I think I will try to eat better-- but for today that was the perfect southern meal and just doesn't get better.
till later, Judy