Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Recent Sewing

It is hot and muggy here in the south so a lot of time is being spent inside. The up side to that is I have done a little sewing recently so I thought I would share a few pictures.

This is a top I made for myself. The pattern is McCalls 5586 using a polyester knit from my stash. I shortened the pattern and took about 3 inches out of the underarm area. I think I will enjoy wearing this top.



This is a dress for my granddaughter Madison. I also used stash fabric for this. The pattern is New Look 6690. I believe the applique design came from designs by Juju. I love her designs. The other day Madison very sweetly asked me if I would make her a dress. How can you refuse a request like that??


This the last sewing picture I will share for today. I used the pillow case dress pattern that is widely available on the internet to make these nighties for Madison and Emma Kate. This was an awfully sweet interlock knit. Both girls loved their nighties too. That is the thing that makes sewing so enjoyable.




And this my friends is one of my most favorite places to spend time. It is my little back yard garden. It is a peaceful place to sit and relax.

No comments: