Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday

I woke up early this morning and decided to just lie in bed for a while-- then it started to rain again and it just put me right back to sleep.

I can't believe I finally made myself something. I saw this fabric at Walmart and I thought it was cute. I also thought a casual skirt would be nice for everyday wear--nice and cool-- on hot summer days.



So then the search through the pattern boxes began for a pattern to use. So here is what I came up with.

Simplicity 7229



And here is the end result. I did shorten it about an inch bcause I am a short person-- only 5'3". I made it this morning and I am already wearing it. It is really comfy too.

1 comment:

Lindley said...

cute! The pants you made for me from that pattern were really comfortable so I bet that skirt is too. Are those your new flip flops too?