Monday, May 18, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies

I have been pretty busy of late but really not much to write about here. I have been doing some spring cleaning and getting flowers planted and mulch spread.

I have been participating in a stash challenge wiht some cyber friends and later this week I will share some pictures fo things I have made thus far.

I thought I would share the cookies I made this weekend and the recipe. These cookies are a long time favorite of my husband's but I haven't made them in a while. They smell really yummy when cooking to-- I guess it is the cinnamon. Yum-- I love just about anything with cinnamom.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 well beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups oats
1 cup pecans (chopped)
1 cup white raisins


Cream sugars and shortening. Add beaten eggs and beat well. Add flour and vanilla. Stir in pecans, raisins and oats. Mix well. Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheet.( I cover my cookie sheet with foil-- Serves 2 purposes-- no greasing and the pan stays clean so no washing). Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned in 350 degree oven. Makes 7-8 doz cookies. I usually half this recipe and it still makes plenty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy those are only 2 points in weight watchers I just put the recipe in to calculate.. Yumm I'll have to make them.. thank you Marilyn from SLY

judy said...

that's great, marilyn.
one tip i didn't share is tha tif you like a softer cookie you can put a slice of bread in the container wiht the cookies-- the bread gets hard and the cookies get softer.