Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Adventure in the Shop

I have really wanted one of the cute display stands that I see friends using to display their outfits. My husband is really a handy person and could make one really easy-- but gosh it is so hard to get him started. So I decided I would just do it myself so while I was off work for a few days that would be my project.

I first gathered my supplies. I found the already cut boards for the base at Hobby Lobby and glued them together. I used the assortment of hangers to get a general idea for the top of the stand. The ball for the top came from Hobby Lobby as well.


When I couldn't find the square to use for a straight edge to cut the 2x4--I had to make do. I guess my husband knows exactly where everything is in that jumble but I couldn't find anything. Thank goodness the kids had toys out there.




I cut the board for the top and cut the 2-4 for the "upright". My husband assembled it for me and then I painted it.
I was quite pleased with the end results-- actually so happy I just may make another one.


Let me know what you think,
Judy

3 comments:

Lindley said...

cute!!! good job!

judy said...

thanks!!

Cynthia said...

I think you're way too smart! This looks great!